An air conditioner’s filters, coils, and fins require regular maintenance for the unit to function effectively and efficiently throughout its years of service. Neglecting necessary maintenance ensures a steady decline in air conditioning performance while energy use steadily increases.
A well-trained magic touch group technician will find and fix problems in your air conditioning system.
• check for correct amount of refrigerant;
• test for refrigerant leaks using a leak detector;
• capture any refrigerant that must be evacuated from the system, instead of illegally releasing it to the atmosphere;
• check for and seal duct leakage in central systems;
• measure air flow through the evaporator coil;
• verify the correct electric control sequence and make sure that the heating system and cooling system cannot operate simultaneously;
• inspect electric terminals, clean and tighten connections, and apply a non-conductive coating if necessary;
• oil motors and check belts for tightness and wear; and
• check the accuracy of the thermostat.
Paying attention to your air conditioning system saves you money and reduces environmental pollution If your existing system is running properly then maintain it regularly. Or, if you need to purchase a new air conditioner, be sure it is sized and installed correctly and has a good EER or SEER rating.